WordPress is a publishing platform that makes it easy for anyone to publish online. You can use this platform in two ways:
- Self Hosted WordPress
Let's compare the WordPress.com and the self hosted WordPress by preseneting the differences and explaining the advantages of one and the other.
Self hosted WordPress advantages
- You can install and use our themes
- You have full control on your website data. You don’t have any strict terms of service imposed by someone
- You can use plugins any type of plugins: free, paid, custom
- You can customize and modify themes
- You can use any ad service on your website and you are free to sell as many ads as you want
- Custom Analytics are possible
The theme upload method is available only for self-hosted WordPress users, since the WordPress.com system does not support this option!
Self hosted WordPress disadvantages
- You should find a host, install the custom theme by yourself
We got you covered on this one. You have the option to purchase a hosting pack together with a free domain directly from our website and we'll do all the install and set up for you for free. You'll get a fully functional website in a matter of minutes. Read more about it.
- They provide hosting and backups
- It gives the possibility to integrate your social networks
- There’s no need to install plugins. It provides such features as: comments, sharing, stats, etc.
- Support and WordPress.com forums access.
- You are not allowed to sell ads on your site unless you have a specific number pageviews per month
- You are restricted to use plugins
- You are not allowed to use custom analytics software
- You cannot use our themes. You follow their choice of themes which are used on lots of websites. Thus, it somehow affects your uniqueness
- You should always abide their Terms of Service